Group income protection
Group income protection aims to provide an income to an employee when they are unable to work long term, as a result of an illness or injury. If the policy incapacity definition is met then payment starts after a deferred period. The deferred period is like a waiting period which is often 26 weeks but there’s a range of options to choose from. The payment can continue until the employee returns to work otherwise, depending on the options chosen, when they reach their state pension age.
As well as the financial support, we aim to help manage long-term sickness absence. Policies include rehabilitation where appropriate, to help support employees back into the workplace.
Designed to help employers by
- Reducing the impact from long term absence costs.
- Providing support where appropriate, to help employees back to work.
- Collaborative absence processes and management information.
- Helping to enhance employer’s benefits package to help them attract and retain employees.
Benefits to employees
- Financial support when absent due to long term illness or injury.
- Where appropriate, fast track funded rehabilitation treatment such as physiotherapy and psychological treatment.
- Rehabilitation Support can be provided, throughout absence including support with return to work.
Read our PDF file: Group income protection product brochure PDF size: 1.1MB and PDF file: Group income protection technical guide PDF size: 412KB for more details.
Consider our flexible benefit arrangements to help give your client’s employees greater control of their employment benefits.
We'll continue to provide cover and pay any valid claims as long as the policy terms are met. You can find when we will and won't pay claims and a glossary of terms, in our PDF file: Group income protection technical guide PDF size: 412KB .