Skip to main content

Landlords insurance.


With our standard and select options, your customer can choose cover to suit their circumstances.

What is covered?

The table below shows a number of features which are covered as standard under our Landlords buildings insurance.


Rebuilding cost cover

  • Standard option - as long as your customer's home has no more than five bedrooms and meets certain criteria (please refer to the key features for full details of the criteria)

  • Select option – is available if the property does not meet the criteria of the standard options
  • Our generous rebuilding cost limit will be more than adequate for most properties. It must be sufficient to cover the cost of rebuilding the property.
  • Will enable your to customer specify the rebuilding cost they require which must represent the full cost of rebuilding the property.
Loss or damage caused by fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, earthquake, storm, flood, theft or attempted theft, escape of water, leakage of oil, falling trees and malicious acts or vandalism
Loss or damage caused by subsidence, heave or landslip
Your customer’s legal liability as owner of the property for injury to others or damage to their property Up to a maximum of £2 million for any one claim  
Loss of rent or alternative accommodation for the tenant should the property become uninhabitable due to an insured event Up to £40,000 If your customer’s let property was damaged due to a flood or fire and was uninhabitable, could they afford to continue to pay the mortgage without the rent coming in?
Trace and access cover – covers the cost of tracing water or oil leaks and repairing damage caused by the investigations Up to £5,000 What would happen if your customer had a leak but didn’t know where it was coming from and had to tear down a wall or ceiling? Landlords Insurance would cover the cost of damage caused when trying to find the leak.
Accidental damage to underground pipes and cables serving your clients' home
Legal helpline - for expert advice on all kinds of legal problems, your customer can call our 24 hour helpline.
Home emergency cover – for call out charges and parts for certain emergency repairs Up to £500 A home emergency such as a burst pipe or break in can be a stressful experience, knowing that they will be covered for up to £500 should they have to call out a tradesman. This can provide your customers with some peace of mind.


What isn’t covered?

  • The first £100 of each claim, or in the event of escape of water or accidental damage or malicious damage by tenants (if chosen) the first £250, or in the case of subsidence, heave or landslip the first £1,000
  • Storm or flood damage to fences, gates, hedges, cantilever car-ports, canopies and awnings, and to any felt roof where the felt is more than 10 years old
  • Theft or attempted theft by tenants
  • Loss or damage resulting directly from the home being used for illegal purposes
  • Routine day to day maintenance
  • Loss or damage caused by underground water
  • Loss or damage caused by escape of water if the property is unoccupied for more than 40 consecutive days.

These are only a few of the limitations and exclusions that apply. For full details of what is and isn’t covered, as well as our acceptance criteria, refer to the Broker Landlords Insurance - Policy Booklet (QGI12729)  PDF: 843KB and Broker Landlords Insurance - Policy Summary (QGI12730)  PDF: 240KB

This is not a consumer page. It's intended for Broker use and should not be relied upon by private customers or any other persons.

Your recently viewed items

You need javascript enabled for us to remember your Recently Viewed Items.

Top rated pages

You Might Also Like...

Frequently asked questions

Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page to find out the answer to some of your common questions.