Skip to main content

Landlords Insurance.


Please note our Landlords Insurance contents cover is not available without buildings.

The sum insured selected must represent the full cost of replacing the landlord’s contents.

What is covered?

The table below shows a number of features which are covered as standard under our contents insurance.

Loss or damage caused by the main perils including fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, earthquake, storm, flood, theft or attempted theft, escape of water, leakage of oil, falling trees and malicious acts or vandalism
Loss or damage caused by escape of water and leakage of oil
Ask your customer what would happen if the washing machine flooded their kitchen and hall? Would they be able to afford to replace their carpets?
Contents in outbuildings Up to 5% of contents sum insured  
Your customer's legal liability as the landlord of the home for causing injury to others or damage to their property Up to a maximum of £2 million for any one claim  
Replacement locks to the external doors of the home if the keys are stolen Up to £750 Ask your customer what would happen if their handbag was stolen with the keys in and perhaps details of the let address? They can install new locks in the insured property up to £750 without worrying about the expense
Accidental damage or malicious damage by tenants.
Your customer’s sum insured will automatically be adjusted to keep pace with inflation
Legal helpline - for expert advice on all kinds of domestic legal problems, your customer can call our 24 hour helpline.


What isn’t covered?

  • The first £100 of each claim or in the event of escape of water or accidental damage or malicious damage by tenants, the first £250
  • Theft or attempted theft by tenants
  • High risk property such as TV’s, pictures and works of art
  • Property belonging to or the responsibility of the tenants
  • Loss or damage resulting directly from the home being used for an illegal purpose
  • The costs of replacing any undamaged or unbroken item or parts of items forming part of a set, suite or other article of uniform nature, colour or design if damage occurs within a clearly identifiable area or to a specific part and it is not possible to match replacements
  • Loss or damage caused by escape of water if the home is unoccupied for more than 40 days.

These are only a few of the limitations and exclusions that apply. For full details of what is and isn’t covered, as well as our acceptance criteria, refer to the Broker Landlords Insurance - Policy Booklet (QGI12729)  PDF: 843KB and Broker Landlords Insurance - Policy Summary (QGI12730)  PDF: 240KB  

This is not a consumer page. It's intended for Broker use and should not be relied upon by private customers or any other persons.

Your recently viewed items

You need javascript enabled for us to remember your Recently Viewed Items.

Top rated pages

You Might Also Like...

Frequently asked questions

Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page to find out the answer to some of your common questions.