A major focus of our business is to structure funds that provide the alignment and corporate governance our investors seek.
We offer both open and closed ended structures across balanced and specialist funds that aim to deliver superior investment performance.
Our balanced funds seek to deliver consistent out-performance of their individual benchmarks, whilst limiting exposure to systematic risk. We manage seven balanced funds which are structured to suit investors varied investment needs.
- UK Property Fund – Launched in February 2006, this is an open-ended fund and holds a diversified portfolio of UK commercial property assets. It is open to a wide range of investors and for retail investors and it can be held directly through an ISA wrapper. For more information on investing in the Property Unit Trust please click here – lgim/ukpropertyfund.
- Managed Property Fund – Launched in 1971, this is an open-ended balanced Fund available to UK pension schemes. The Fund invests in UK property with a focus on income enhancement and added value creation.
- Hybrid Property Fund - Specifically designed in conjunction with investment consultants to meet the optimum property investment criteria of UK defined contribution (DC) pension schemes by investing in The Managed Property Fund and LGIM’s Global REITS Index Tracker Fund, reducing volatility and enhancing liquidity.
- The Limited Price Inflation Income Property Fund – An open-ended fund available to defined benefit (DB) pension schemes only. It is an attractive alternative to traditional index-linked gilts and bonds. The Fund objective is to deliver an income stream that rises in line with inflation (LPI).
- UK Property Income Fund Series – A series of closed ended Funds designed to offer investors a balanced exposure to UK income producing property. The first Fund, UK Property Income Fund I, launched in 2010 and successfully returned capital to investors in 2015. The second fund, UK Property Income Fund II launched in 2013 and is currently actively managing its assets.
- Linked Life Property Fund – Comprising direct and indirect property assets located throughout the UK, the Fund concentrates on core sectors with a low development exposure. Click here for further information.
- Linked Pensions Property Fund – Comprising direct and indirect property assets located throughout the UK, the Fund concentrates on core sectors with a low development exposure.
- Life Fund – A strategic portfolio of property held for the Legal & General Assurance Society, a subsidiary of Legal & General Group, to match their long term liabilities. Closed to new investors.
Our specialist funds offer niche investment solutions allowing investors access to specific areas of the real assets market. Typically closed-ended, we manage four funds with the following themes.
- Build to Rent Fund – Launched in 2016, the Legal & General UK Build to Rent Fund aims to develop a portfolio of purpose built private rented residential accommodation in the UK to hold for the long term as a source of stable cash flow and capital preservation.
- Industrial Property Investment Fund – A market leading highly diversified fund established in 1997 which invests in good quality, higher yielding, predominantly multi-let industrial estates with an emphasis on London and the South East.
- Leisure Property Investment Fund – Launched in 2002 the Fund is dedicated to investing in UK multi let town centre leisure property and out of town leisure parks.
- English Cities Fund – A unique public and private sector partnership with Muse and The Homes and Communities Agency (HCA), focused on urban regeneration schemes throughout the country.