We aim to offer Simple and affordable pet insurance.
Our pets are uncomplicated creatures. We find them reassuring; they're a simple, constant presence while life's complications come and go. Our dog and cat insurance aims to be refreshingly straightforward too, mirroring the nature of our pets. So, pet insurance doesn't have to be one of life's complications.
Legal & General Pet Insurance is arranged and administered by Ultimate Pet Partners Limited and underwritten by Ultimate Insurance Company Limited and Ageas Insurance Limited. Together we aim to provide a simple, easy to understand range of products with the right level of cover for you and your pet.
our pet insurance at a glance
- Three levels of cover
- Up to £3,000 in veterinary fees, per condition
- We'll cover you for advertising and a reward for your lost pet (Accident and Illness Plus only)
- Pay your premium monthly at no extra cost
- Online claims submission and tracking
- Vet finder service
The three cover options include Accident Only, Accident and Illness and Accident and Illness Plus with two policy types:
- Accident only, our Maximum Benefit Policy means that there's a financial limit for each new condition the animal may suffer. Each condition is insured until the financial limit has been reached; as long as the insurance policy remains in force there is no time limit on your claim. Once the financial limit has been reached, the medical condition becomes a pre-existing condition and is excluded from future claims.
- Accident and Illness and Accident Illness Plus, our Renewing Benefit Policies mean your pet can be covered for an ongoing condition for future years as long as the insurance policy remains in force with us.
View the Cover Descriptions and FAQ page for further details or refer to our Pet Insurance Policy Wording PDF: 346KB for full details.
|Feature||Accident only||Accident and Illness||Accident and illness plus|
|Policy type||Maximum benefit||Renewing benefit||Renewing benefit|
|On-going conditions covered on renewal of this policy||X||
|CT/MRI scans and associated costs||£500||£500||£875|
|Dentistry as a direct result of an accident||X||X||£3,000|
|Behavioural treatment as a direct result of an insured incident||X||X||£3,000|
|Death of a pet from accident or illness||X||X||£1,500|
|Loss by theft or straying||X||X||£1,500|
|Advertising and reward||X||X||£400|
|Third party liability (dogs only)||£1 million per claim||£1 million per claim||£1 million per claim|
Excesses apply to veterinary fees (£75) and third party liability (£250) - see policy wording for full details. Pre-existing medical conditions are not covered. For pets aged 8 years or over there's an additional 20% co-payment payable for each claim amount and no benefit is payable on the death of any pet.
When making a claim you would be covered up to the limits shown in the table above.
Included in our cover are such services as pet sitter - call on 0330 102 5743 and find a vet. However, you are not covered for the cost of the pet sitter.
Call us now on 0800 316 7570 and talk to the team about cover options for your pet, including Renewing Benefit Policy that means your pet is covered for an ongoing condition for future years as long as you insure with us.
This summary is only a brief guide to your cover and exclusions. For more details of what is and isn’t covered, please read the Pet Insurance Key Facts PDF: 269KB and for full details please read the Pet Insurance Policy Wording PDF: 346KB
Call us for a quote on
0800 316 7570
Lines are open:
8am-9pm Monday to Friday
Closed - Sunday
Calls may be recorded and monitored.
The cover provided by different products can vary considerably.
Key documentsMake sure you read these before you buy:
The information displayed in the following frequently asked questions section, only covers some of the cover and exclusions in our Pet Insurance policy.
Make or track a claim
Do you need to make a claim on your pet insurance or would you like to track an existing one?
Find a vet
We are committed to providing you with excellent customer care. Part of this includes helping you.