Index-Tracker funds can be a good start to building your portfolio. They are a low-cost way to invest in the stock market, and you don't have to pick the shares yourself. They are funds that closely follow the performance of a particular stock market or sector, in the UK or abroad.
Why invest in Index-Trackers?
- We’re one of the biggest providers of index-tracking investments in the UK, managing £274.7 billion (as at 30 June 2015).
- They’re our cheapest range of funds as they need less management so more of your money gets invested.
- You’ll be investing in some of the largest companies in the world.
- Invest up to £15,240 in an Adult ISA or £4,080 in a Junior ISA tax efficiently.
- Invest an unlimited amount in a unit trust.
- Minimum investment: £500 as a lump sum.
- Regular investments: from £30 a month for a Junior ISA or from £50 a month for unit trusts and an Adult ISA.
- No initial charge or withdrawal fee. Other charges apply.
- You can top-up your investment at any time.
Our range of Index-tracker funds
- Please remember the value of an investment and any income from it may fall as well as rise and is not guaranteed. You may get back less than you invest.
- Although there is no fixed term, you should consider an ISA or unit trust investment to be medium to long term, ideally five years or more.
- The tax efficiency of ISAs is based on current rules. The current tax situation may not be maintained. The benefit of the tax treatment depends on individual circumstances.
- The fund may invest overseas. Changes in exchange rates between currencies may cause the value of an investment and the level of any income to rise or fall.
- Global Emerging Markets Index Fund may have larger and more frequent changes in value because it invests in shares of companies from less developed countries. This fund invests overseas where investment markets are not as well developed as those in the UK. This means that investments are generally riskier than those in the UK because they may:
- not be as well regulated
- be more difficult to buy and sell
- have less reliable arrangements for the safekeeping of assets
- Each trust has its own risks detailed in the individual 'Key Investor Information' documents. More general information can be found in '
A guide to investing with us (PDF:812KB)
'. Before you decide to invest you must read these documents.
All rights in the FTSE World ex UK Index, FTSE World Europe excluding UK Index, FTSE All World Emerging Index, FTSE World Index, FTSE World Japan Index, FTSE World Asia Pacific excluding Japan Index, FTSE 100 Index, FTSE All Share Index, FTSE World USA Index, (the “Indices”) vest in FTSE International Limited (“FTSE”). “FTSE®” is a trade mark of the London Stock Exchange Group companies and is used by FTSE under licence.
The European Index Trust, Global Emerging Markets Index Fund, Global Health and Pharmaceuticals Index Trust, Global Technology Index Trust, International Index Trust, Japan Index Trust, Pacific Index Trust, UK 100 Index Trust, UK Index Trust, US Index Trust, (the "Funds") have been developed solely by Legal & General. The Indices are calculated by FTSE or its agent. FTSE and its licensors are not connected to and do not sponsor, advise, recommend, endorse or promote the Funds and do not accept any liability whatsoever to any person arising out of (a) the use of, reliance on or any error in the Indices or (b) investment in or operation of the Funds. FTSE makes no claim, prediction, warranty or representation either as to the results to be obtained from the Funds or the suitability of the Indices for the purpose to which they are being put by Legal & General.