With our actively managed funds, a fund manager buys and sells investments aiming to outperform the market or a particular benchmark.
Why invest in actively managed funds?
- Gain exposure to a range of sectors or regions selected by the fund manager.
- Invest up to £11,520 in an Adult ISA or £3,720 in a Junior ISA tax efficiently.
- Invest an unlimited amount in a unit trust.
- Minimum investment: £500 as a lump sum.
- Regular investments: from £30 a month for a Junior ISA or from £50 a month for unit trusts and an Adult ISA.
- Initial fee discounted to 0% and no withdrawal fee. Other charges may apply.
- You can top-up your investment at any time.
- Potential for long-term growth.
Invest in a range of funds that feature shares issued by companies listed on a stock exchange selected by a fund manager for growth potential.
Invest in funds lending money to a government or company, in return for an agreed level of interest over a set period. They're also known as corporate bonds, fixed interest securities or income investment funds.
Invest in funds that are not covered by mainstream sectors such as technology, commercial properties, and short term investments.
- Please remember the value of an investment and any income from it may fall as well as rise and is not guaranteed. You/your child may get back less than you invest.
- Although there is no fixed term, you should consider an Adult ISA or unit trust investment to be medium to long term, ideally five years or more.
- The money invested in a stocks and shares Junior ISA is locked away until the child becomes 18 and then rolls up into an Adult ISA.
- The tax efficiency of ISAs is based on current rules. The current tax situation may not be maintained. The benefit of the tax treatment depends on individual circumstances.
- The fund may invest overseas. Changes in exchange rates between currencies may cause the value of an investment and the level of any income to rise or fall.
- Each trust has its own individual risks detailed in the individual 'Key Investor Information' documents. More general information can be found in '
Additional fund information document (PDF:655KB) ' and '
A guide to investing with us (PDF:812KB) '. Before you decide to invest you must read these documents.
- Our Junior ISA has its own '
Junior ISA Terms and conditions
PDF: 270KB ', '
Additional fund information for the Junior ISA
PDF: 695KB ' and '
A guide to investing in a Junior ISA with us
PDF: 1.82MB '. Further information on how to invest can be found on our Junior ISA webpage.