Help protect your monthly income.
It’s not nice to think you could have an accident or suffer an illness that prevents you from working, but it can happen to anyone at any time.
Our Income Protection Benefit is designed to help protect your income if you can’t work due to incapacity caused by illness or injury that results in a loss of earnings.
- Standard cover - provides a monthly benefit until your policy ends no matter how many claims you make. We pay the monthly benefit for as long as the claim is valid, until the plan ends or you die.
- Low cost option - where the benefit is paid monthly up to a maximum total period of five years can help keep the cost down. The plan would end after five years of claim.
We've developed a useful quick quote calculator to give you an idea of how much Income Protection Benefit (standard cover) could cost:
Did you know?
- Employers are only legally obliged to pay you for the first 28 weeks if you’re unable to work from an illness or injury and there’s no obligation to pay your full salary.
- There are over eleven million people with a limiting long term illness, impairment or disability in the UK and 1 in 7 working age adults suffer from a disability1
- Carers allowance is £58.45 per week. This is reduced by the amount of certain other benefits, including State Pension, that you get.2