The cash sum pay out from the Fixed Plan is fixed (according to your chosen premium). It's a simple way to give your family a helping hand, designed for those on a budget. The monthly premiums are also fixed so you'll always know how much you're paying. It can be used towards unpaid bills or even as a gift to your loved ones. You can also use the plan to contribute towards your funeral expenses.
The Fixed Plan offers
- Guaranteed acceptance for UK residents aged 50 to 80 with no medical or health assessment
- Premiums that start from £8 month (depending on age) and will never go up once you've taken out cover
- An extra £250 towards your funeral costs with the Funeral Benefit Option
Important things you need to know
- If you die from natural causes within the first year we will refund any premiums paid, unless you die as the result of an accident, when we will pay your cash sum. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the section 'What exactly does accidental death benefit mean' in the
Fixed and Increasing Policy Summary (PDF: 254KB) for more details.
- We will pay your cash sum if you die after one year from the start of your plan regardless of the cause of death.
- When deciding on the amount of cash sum you'd like, please consider that inflation will reduce it's buying power.
- Depending on how long you live the total premiums paid could be greater than the cash sum paid out on death.
- Premiums stop on your 90th birthday, but your cover will continue for the rest of your life. Please be aware if you stop paying your premiums when due, your plan will be cancelled and you won't get anything back.
- This is not a savings or investment product and has no cash value unless a valid claim is made.
- You can place the plan in Trust to help ensure the cash sum from the plan goes to those you wish to benefit from it.
- You can take out more than one plan as long as the total of all the initial premiums added together is not more than £50 a month. This includes any existing Legal & General Over 50s Plans.