With premiums from £8 a month (depending on age), our Increasing Plan is a simple way to give your family a helping hand. The cash sum pay out can be used towards funeral expenses, any unpaid bills or even as a gift to your family. Your cash sum and premiums will increase each year to help protect your cash sum against inflation in the future.
The Increasing Plan offers:
- Guaranteed acceptance for UK residents aged 50 to 80 with no medical or health assessment
- Premiums start from £8 a month depending on age
- Get an extra £250 towards your funeral costs with the Funeral Benefit Option
Important things you need to know
- Your cash sum is reviewed each year in line with the Retail Prices Index (RPI). Your premium will also be reviewed each year and will increase by the change in RPI multiplied by 1.5. To keep pace with inflation you need to make sure you can meet the premium increases over the years. RPI may not keep up with future rises in funeral costs. What is RPI and how does the annual review work?
- We will pay your cash sum if you die two or more years after your plan starts regardless of the cause of death.
- If you die within the first two years we will refund any premiums paid, unless you die as the result of an accident, when we will pay your cash sum. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the section 'What exactly does accidental death benefit mean' in the Policy Summary PDF for more details.
- Premiums stop on your 90th birthday but your cash sum continues to be reviewed each year for the rest of your life. Please be aware if you stop paying your premiums when due, your plan will be cancelled and you won't get anything back.
- Depending on how long you live the total premiums paid could be greater than the cash sum paid out on death.
- You can place the plan in Trust to help make sure the cash sum is paid to those you wish to benefit from the plan
- You can take out more than one plan as long as the total of all the initial premiums added together is not more than £50 a month. This includes any existing Legal & General Over 50s Plans you may have. However, you can only take out one Insured Funeral Plan.
- This is not a savings or investment product and has no cash value unless a valid claim is made.