Personal pensions are a way of saving for your future so you don't have to rely on the State pension alone. You can choose the pension provider, contribution amount and the funds you invest into. Other advantages are:
- You get tax relief on the amount you put into your pension plan, subject to certain limits. Visit our tax relief page for more information.
- Personal pensions allow you (and your current or future employer) to make contributions even if you’re a member of other pension schemes.
- You can stop, start, increase and decrease your contributions whenever you like.
We offer the following pension products to suit your individual needs:
- Stakeholder pension – a straightforward pension that you can apply for online.
- Portfolio Plus Pension - has a wide range of investment funds to choose from as well as the flexibility to start income drawdown from age 55 and the ability to start self investment in the future. This pension plan is only available through an adviser.
If you don't have an adviser, you can find one at www.unbiased.co.uk.
There are also other pension products available through Cofunds (Cofunds.co.uk) and Suffolk Life (Suffolklife.co.uk) who are part of the Legal & General group.
Please note that the value of a pension plan can fall as well as rise and you won't be able to access the money invested in it until you are eligible to take your benefits, which is normally from age 55 onwards.
If you take out a pension, you should review it on a regular basis to make sure that it’s on track to meet your retirement goals.