A tax-free cash lump sum for your client’s employees
Group critical illness cover pays out a lump sum if your client’s employee is diagnosed with a specified critical illness or condition and then in most cases survives for at least 14 days.
- Pays up to £500,000 maximum benefit level or five times scheme earnings (whichever is less)
- Covers up to 38 conditions - 12 major conditions as standard and an additional 26 more conditions can be added
- Can be offered as a standalone benefit or provided under our voluntary plan or flexible benefits policy
- Automatically covers children. Spouses and registered civil partners can also be covered at an additional cost
- Easy to set up - most employees can be covered without needing medical underwriting
- Includes access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme for all your client’s employees including those we aren’t covering. Available 24 hours a day online and by phone, employees have unlimited access to experienced counsellors, legal representatives and nurses, 365 days a year. Find out more about our Worklife Solutions
Benefits for your clients
- Flexible value for money benefit – cover can usually be provided for less than 0.5% of payroll depending on the level of cover and benefits chosen
- A valuable financial safety net that can help them attract and keep the right staff
- Fast claims process – payments are made as soon as we’ve accepted the claim, usually within five working days
We'll continue to provide cover and pay any valid claims as long as premiums are paid and the policy terms are met. There are some circumstances where we won't provide cover. You can find out more about in our
technical guide (PDF: 601KB)
In particular, please read about pre-existing and related conditions that we can’t cover.
Call us on 0845 072 0751 or speak to your Business Development Consultant and let us help you manage your client's Group Protection policy.