Additional cover options
More cover for your customer, better business for you
What could be better than extended cover for your customers? Within our range of three additional cover options to our Simply Home Insurance policy, you're well equipped to meet your customers needs and bring more value to your customer relationships whilst increasing your commission.
1. Personal Possessions cover
Understanding exactly what is and isn't covered under their standard home insurance may be confusing for a customer. For example, if your customer damaged their laptop or lost their mobile phone whilst on their way to work, would they be covered under their standard home insurance? They may think they are, but the reality is they would only be covered if they have Personal Possessions cover in place.
If your customer has insured their contents with us, they can choose additional cover for valuables in and away from the home, anywhere in the world. It also lets your customers choose the type and value of possessions they want to insure, including:
- Unspecified personal property: we'll cover clothing, personal belongings and valuables that they normally wear or carry - items such as their laptop or mobile phone, watches and glasses.
- Personal money: if your customer chooses unspecified personal property, we'll automatically cover up to £500 for money such as currency, traveller's cheques and gift tokens.
- Specified articles: we'll cover loss or damage to specified single articles, pairs or sets. This could be items such as engagement rings or designer watches. If your customer has an individual article, pair or set valued at more than £1,500 they will need to be specified with us.
- Pedal cycles: covers loss or damage up to £500 per pedal cycle (minimum sum insured £250) and we may insure cycles worth more than £500 if the make, model and frame number are provided.
2. Accidental Damage
This covers things such as accidental breakage of fixed glass and bathroom suites and accidents in your home like driving a nail through a pipe or putting your foot through the ceiling whilst in the loft under Buildings insurance.
For Contents insurance, accidental damage covers incidents such as spilling red wine on your carpet or breaking a favourite ornament, damage to computers, TVs and stereos and accidental breakage of mirrors and fixed glass in furniture.
Accidental Damage is available with Simply for an additional premium.
3. Family Legal Protection
Family Legal Protection covers the cost of pursuing or defending certain legal proceedings in the UK up to £50,000.
Please note that Simply Home Insurance is designed to cover certain unforeseen events and doesn't cover everything. It does not cover things like general wear and tear or damage that happens gradually over a period of time. There is also an excess on each claim.
Limitations and exclusions apply. For details of what is and isn't covered, please read PDF file: Simply - Insurance Product Information Document (QGI13987) PDF size: 113KB and PDF file: Simply Home Insurance - Policy Booklet (QGI12496) PDF size: 275KB .