Buildings Cover

Our buildings cover gives your customer peace of mind against loss or damage caused by risks such as fire, theft, subsidence and flood.

What's covered?

The table below shows a number of features which are covered as standard under our buildings insurance.

What's included
What's Included Cover / Limits Selling Point

Rebuilding cost cover

  • Standard option - as long as your customer's home has no more than five bedrooms and meets certain criteria.
Up to £800,000  Our rebuilding cost limit will be more than adequate for most properties. It must be sufficient to cover the cost of rebuilding the property.
  • Select option - is available if your customer's home has six bedrooms or more.
Up to £800,000
Loss or damage caused by perils such as fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, earthquake, storm, flood, theft or attempted theft, escape of water, leakage of oil, falling trees and malicious acts or vandalism.
Loss or damage caused by subsidence, heave or landslip.
Cost of alternative accommodation should your customer's home become uninhabitable due to an insured event. Up to £25,000 Ask your customer what would happen if their home was flooded and uninhabitable? Could they afford to pay for somewhere else to live?
Accidental damage to underground pipes and cables serving your home.
Replacement locks and keys for external doors if your customer's keys are lost or stolen. Up to £500 Ask your customer what would happen if their handbag was lost or stolen with their keys in and perhaps details of their address? They can install new locks to external doors up to £500 without worrying about the expense.
24 hour domestic emergency helpline.
If your customer has a blocked drain or burst pipe, we will locate a tradesman and advise costs.
24 hour legal helpline.
Your customer can call our legal helpline for expert advice about all kinds of domestic legal problems.

What isn't covered?

  • The first £100 of each claim (or for escape of water claims the first £250 and in the case of subsidence, heave and landslip, £1,000).
  • Loss or damage caused by underground water.
  • Storm or flood damage to fences, gates, hedges.
  • Loss or damage caused by malicious acts or vandalism, theft or attempted theft, escape of water, leakage of oil, breakage of glass or sanitaryware, or frost damage if your home will be unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days.
  • Trace and access cover - no cover for the cost of tracing water or oil leaks and repairing damage caused by the investigations.
  • Home emergency cover - no cover for call out charges and parts for certain emergency repairs.
  • Accidental damage to fixed glass and bathroom suites. If cover is required for these items, you can choose optional accidental damage.

These are only a few of the limitations and exclusions that apply. For details of what is and isn't covered, please refer to the  PDF file: Simply - Insurance Product Information Document (QGI13987) PDF size: 114KB  and PDF file: Simply Home Insurance - Policy Booklet (QGI12496) PDF size: 281KB  .