Our contents cover can be tailored to provide the level of cover you and your customers would expect.
Remember to remind your customers that they need to insure their contents for what it would cost to replace them with new items, not their second-hand value.
The table below shows a number of features which are covered under our contents insurance.
|What's Included||Cover / Limits||Selling Point|
|A low contents sum insured option of £15,000.||£15,000||Great for tenants and first time buyers who often have fewer contents to insure.|
|Standard option - six further levels of cover for your customer to choose from as long as your customer's home has no more than five bedrooms.|| |
|Gives your customer flexibility and choice and means that they don't have to pay for cover they may not need.|
|Select option - is available if your customer's home has six bedrooms or more.||Up to the limit of £100,000||Lets your customer specify the contents sum insured they require which must represent the full cost of replacing all of their contents.|
|Loss or damage caused by perils such as fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, earthquake, storm, flood, theft or attempted theft, falling trees and malicious acts or vandalism.|| |
|Loss or damage caused by the escape of water and leakage of oil.|| ||Ask your customer what would happen if their washing machine leaked and damaged their carpets? Would they be able to afford to replace them?|
|High risk property such as jewellery, works of art, stamps and coin collections, clocks and watches.||In total up to 20% of contents sum insured and up to £2,500 for a single item, pair or set|
|Cost of alternative accommodation should your customer need to temporarily move out of their home due to an insured event.||Up to 15% of contents sum insured (minimum £3,000)||Ask your customer what would happen if their home was flooded and uninhabitable? Could they afford to pay for somewhere else to live?|
|Replacement locks and keys for external doors if your customer's keys are lost or stolen.||Up to £500||Ask your customer what would happen if their handbag was lost or stolen with their keys in and perhaps details of their address? They can install new locks to external doors up to £500 without worrying about the expense.|
|Personal money in the home.||Up to £100|
|Special events cover - a temporary increase in contents sum insured during the period of one month before and one month after a special event such as Christmas or a wedding.||Up to 10% extra contents sum insured||If your customer has done their Christmas shopping, it's likely that there will be lots of presents in the home. What would happen if your customer suffered a burglary but their contents cover wasn't enough to cover all the presents?|
What isn't covered?
- The first £100 of each claim (or in the event of escape of water, the first £250).
- Loss or damage caused by malicious acts or vandalism, theft or attempted theft, escape of water, leakage of oil, and loss of oil or water, if your customer's home will be occupied for more than 30 consecutive days.
- Loss or damage caused by underground water.
- Freezer contents.
- Plants in the garden (in pots and containers).
- Contents temporarily removed from the home.
- Accidental damage to computers, TVs, stereos and business equipment such as computers, fax machines and photocopiers and accidental breakage of mirrors and fixed glass in furniture. If cover is required for these items, you can choose optional accidental damage.
- Accidental damage to items designed and intended to be portable (such as laptops, tablets and mobile phones), or to hand held computer equipment and games consoles. If cover is required for these items, you can choose optional accidental damage or personal possessions cover.
These are only a few of the limitations and exclusions that apply. For details of what is and isn't covered, please refer to PDF file: Simply - Insurance Product Information Document (QGI13987) PDF size: 113KB and PDF file: Simply Home Insurance - Policy Booklet (QGI12496) PDF size: 275KB .