Please note, our Landlords Insurance contents cover is only available without buildings cover where the buildings cover is tied to another insurer, such as in the case of a leasehold flat.

The sum insured selected must represent the full cost of replacing the landlord's contents.

What's covered?

The table below shows a number of features which are covered under our contents insurance.

What's included Cover/Limit Selling point
Loss or damage caused by perils such as fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, earthquake, storm, flood, theft or attempted theft, escape of water, leakage of oil, falling trees and malicious acts or vandalism(Excluding damage caused by tenants).  
Loss or damage caused by escape of water or leakage of oil.

Ask your customer what would happen if the washing machine leaked and damaged their carpets? Would they be able to afford to replace them?

Contents in outbuildings. Up to 5% of contents sum insured (minimum £1,000)  
Your customer's legal liability as the landlord of the let property for causing injury to others or damage to their property. Up to a maximum of £2 million for any one claim   
Replacement locks to the external doors of the home if the keys are stolen. Up to £750 Ask your customer what would happen if their handbag was stolen with the keys in and perhaps details of the let address? They can install new locks to external doors of the insured property up to £750 without worrying about the expense.
Your customer's sum insured will automatically be adjusted to keep pace with inflation.  
24 hour legal helpline. Your customer can call our legal helpline for expert advice about all kinds of domestic legal problems. 

What isn't covered?

  • The first £100 of each claim or in the event of escape of water or, if chosen, accidental damage or malicious damage by tenants, the first £250.
  • Theft or attempted theft by the tenants.
  • High risk property such as TVs, pictures and works of art.
  • Property belonging to or the responsibility of the tenants.
  • Loss or damage resulting directly from the home being used for illegal purposes.
  • Loss or damage caused by escape of water if the home is unoccupied for more than 40 days.

These are only a few of the limitations and exclusions that apply. For full details of what is and isn't covered, as well as our acceptance criteria, refer to the PDF file: Landlords Insurance - Insurance Product Information Document (QGI13959) PDF size: 132KB  and PDF file: Landlords Insurance - Policy Booklet (QGI6409) PDF size: 404KB