Where do we order additional customer literature, i.e. policy booklets?
You can order and view additional literature by using our online ordering system.
What minimum standards of security are required on your home insurance products?
In some circumstances, we will not cover theft of contents unless the property meets our minimum standards of security.
For full details, please refer to;
- Home Insurance Choices – Policy Summary (QGI6671) PDF: 330KB
- Simply Home Insurance - Policy Summary (QGI12498) (PDF: 254KB
What information do I need to provide to change my client's risk address on their policy?
Please provide the following:
- Effective date
- The full cost of replacing all of the contents in the home and the full cost of rebuilding the buildings
- Details of occupancy
- Whether the property is in a good state of repair
- Confirmation that there has been no subsidence or structural problems in last 15 years
- Confirmation that there has been no flooding in last 15 years
- Whether there is any business use
- The number of bedrooms
- Type of property
- Year of build
- Security details
When are valuations needed and what information is required?
Valuations are required as follows:
|Sum Insured||Jewellery||Electrical goods||Paintings/ works of art|
|£10,000 or less||A full description of the item is required|
|More than £10,000||Purchase receipt or valuation from a valuer who a member of the Institute of Registered Valuers||Proof of value||Purchase receipt or recommended valuation from a leading auction house|
Why do we ask so many security questions every time I call the customer services or claims team?
We take customers' privacy very seriously and have obligations under the Data Protection Act to protect personal data. Personal information such as date of birth, bank account details along with the customers name and address are now as valuable as money.
Criminals use a mixture of tactics to acquire the information needed to steal identities in order to commit fraud and therefore we do need to ask enough questions of any caller to ensure that we know who we are speaking to and only give information to customers and their appointed agent.