Teachers Building Society.
How to register with this lender as a new user
Visit Teachers BS, select log in, top right hand corner and click register, following the online instructions. When asked for your network / mortgage club, please select Legal & General Mortgage Club. Registration is immediate.
How to contact this lender
You can visit our dedicated intermediary website www.teachersbs.co.uk/intermediary for information about Teachers Building Society, apply online, products, resources and your Intermediary Team.
If you have any new case enquires please call our intermediary sales team on 0800 378669, Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm.
To speak to us about a case already submitted please call our support team on 01202 843550, Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm .
What makes us different
We offer you an alternative lender to the high street banks and building societies where borrowers may not meet their standard lending requirements.
Bespoke underwriting – we assess each case on its own merits. We do not undertake automated credit scoring.
Quick response – we'll deal with your queries and applications quickly so that you can do the same for your clients.
- Manual assessments and review of key documents such as accounts, payslips or credit files prior to submission to give you confidence that your client’s mortgage can be considered
- Ability to use different income streams in affordability i.e. annual bonuses, investment income. Particularly useful for higher earners requiring larger loans
- Trainee professionals catered for i.e. doctors, dentists, teachers etc. whilst receiving bursary / stipend income or first year PAYE
- We will consider unusual properties for example properties with an annex or flats above commercial
- Temporary contracts, self employed and daily rate earners considered
- Future income can be used supported by an employer’s reference. Handy for new jobs or a pay increase
- Probationary period discounted for permanently employed applicants
- Clients with failed credit scores due to lack of credit history or a minor credit problem on their file considered
- New build properties – supporting HTB London, England and Wales and 95% LTV shared ownership schemes
- Flexible lending allows a max term of 40 years
- Lending up to age 83 into retirement
We offer a range of flexible discounted variable rate mortgages including Buy-to-Let.
Submitting an application
It's easy to submit an application. Simply go to our dedicated Intermediary website at www.teachersbs.co.uk/intermediary where you have access to our award winning portal.
To do an online DIP, KFI, submit an application, upload your documents and track your cases click 'Log in' and 'add a client' then follow the online instructions. It’s still really important to check your client meets the lending criteria though and applications are always subject to full underwriting and credit checks. The online facility does not include a credit check so please ensure your clients are free from adverse credit before applying.
For BTL & Interest Only case assessments please call the intermediary sales team on 0800 378669.
We are here to help
You will receive updates at key stages of the mortgage process. Generally at application submitted, application received, documents outstanding, gone to valuation, gone to offer and completed. If you have any questions throughout the application process then give us a call on 01202 843500.
|Fee received from lender|
|We'll pay you|
|Buy to Let||0.350%||0.320%|