New Build Club
New build homes make up 19% of all homes bought with a mortgage in the UK. These pages provide you with resources and links to help support you develop your new build business.
Help to Buy
Help to Buy is a government-backed scheme that aims to help first time buyers buy their first property. The schemes vary by region:
- Help to buy equity loan for buyers of new build homes
- Requires minimum deposit of 5%
- Supported by an equity loan from the Government of up to 20% (up to 40% in Greater London)
- Mortgage makes up remaining value of purchase price
- Similar to England scheme
- Supports purchase of homes up to the value of £300,000
- Maximum 20% equity loan
- Open to first time buyers and existing homeowners
- Provides up to 15% of purchase price of a new build home
- A maximum threshold value of £200,000
Support for you
Details of Government home ownership schemes and the support lenders can provide can be found here.
Mortgage Support Services Team (MSS)
Our MSS Team can provide assistance in helping you to place your New Build cases. Contact us on email or call us on 01226 230 504 (lines are open between 9am and 5.30pm, local call charges may apply). You can also get in touch via Live Web Chat (via the icon on the right of your screen).
Help to Buy Refinancing Calculator
Skipton Intermediaries provides a helpful Help to Buy Equity Loan Refinancing calculator which brokers can use to guide their Help to Buy customers on their next move in the mortgage market.
Visit our Events page for details of forthcoming New Build and other Mortgage Club Events.
New Build News
Sign up to receive our bespoke New Build communications, which include industry updates and other educational content.
Want to find out more on New Build? If you have a question or would like further information on accessing the Legal & General New Build Club, Craig Hall on 077 3869 6012 or Craig.Hall@landg.com.