We've made further improvements to our CIC Offering
We have enhanced our Critical Illness Extra (CIx) and Children’s Critical Illness Extra (CCIx) offering, the updates include:
- Increasing additional payments for:
- Critical Illness extra to 25% of the sum assured up to a maximum of £30,000
- Children's Critical Illness extra to 50% of the sum assured, up to a maximum of £30,000
- Improved definitions for heart attack and dementia
- Added craniosynostosis to the list of conditions covered under CCIx
Critical Illness Covered video
Legal & General offer a broad range of Critical Illness Cover options and benefits designed for intermediaries specifically for customers that are looking for more choice on the cover they have.
Critical Illness Extra – going further for your customers
Our Critical Illness Extra really does go a lot further. Available as an additional option on our Critical Illness Cover.*
- Critical Illness Extra includes 53 full payment conditions and 37 additional payment
- Additional payments 25% of the sum assured up to a maximum of £30,000.
- All features of our Critical Illness Cover, such as Children’s Critical Illness Cover and Legal & General Nurse Support Services (provided by RedArc Assured Limited).
*Critical illness cover can be added for an extra cost when your client(s) take out either Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance.
The cost of CIC: Critical illness impacts the UK economy by up to £15.2bn a year. Find out more
Enjoy the peace of mind of having access to an online GP - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. All for just £3.25 per month more when taking out our Critical Illness Cover.
Legal & General GP24 is a service provided by Healix Health Services and Medical Solutions UK Ltd.
Children’s Critical Illness Extra
We realise that some parents would like extra protection for their children. For an additional cost, your clients can enhance their standard cover. We have also recently increased additional payments to 50% of the sum assured, up to a maximum of £30,000.
Customer testimonial, Laurence Turner video
Laurence Turner, Critical Illness Cover customer
Discover how we were there for Laurence when he needed us most, and how he made a successful claim.
What the experts say
Phil Tull, Independent Financial Adviser
With over 30 years’ experience, see why Phil thinks Critical Illness Cover is important and how easy it was to make a claim on behalf of a loved one.
Expert Opinion, Phil Tull video
PDF file: Critical Illness Cover (CIC) - Adviser Guide PDF size: 312KB
PDF file: CIC Customer Poster PDF size: 1.4MB
Learn more about the latest enhancements to Critical Illness with our webinar.