Accidental Death Benefit (ADB)
Accidental Death Benefit is included automatically on all protection applications (excluding IPB) at no extra charge, and will pay out if your client dies as a result of an accident while their application is being underwritten.
Accidental Death Benefit
- Is provided for up to 90 days.
- Comes into force automatically once a completed application is electronically submitted for an underwriting decision or a paper application is received.
- Applies only if the sole cause of death is due to an accident.
- For paper applications we’ll stop providing cover if we don’t receive the application within 5 working days of the life insured signing.
In the event of a claim:
- We’ll pay out the amount of cover applied for, or £300,000, whichever is the lower.
- In the case of joint life applications, payment will only be on the first life.
- In the event of a claim we’ll only pay out on one of the following, Accidental Death Benefit, Free Life Cover, Immediate Cover or the policy applied for, not on all three.
Accidental death benefit only applies to the life element of any Critical Illness Cover plan.
Limitations and exclusions apply. Please see Accidental Death Benefit Certificate for more details.