Taking care of your high value protection business
For clients who require large sums assured, we offer an exceptional level of customer service and underwriting support.
What you can expect
- Price Beater terms on like-for-like competitor quotes.
- Access to a specialist Priority Protection team.
- Initial assessment within 24 hours.
- A personal point of contact throughout the submission process.
- Proposal tracking for automatic progress updates.
- Active management to help applications progress quickly.
- Regular updates on the status of all your Priority Protection cases.
What your clients can expect
- Quick turnaround application process.
- Medical examination arranged at a convenient time, date and location for your client.
- A welcome call to your client to answer queries before their appointment.
- A summary of their health screen.
- Complete confidentiality.
Who’s eligible for Priority Protection?
Our Priority Protection service is available across all our personal and business protection products.
To be eligible for this service the sum assured needs to meet the following criteria:
- Life Insurance: £600,000 and over
- Critical Illness Cover: £350,000 and over
- Family and Personal Income Plan: £600,000 and over (based on commuted benefit)
- Income Protection Benefit: £2,000 per month or more
Application and underwriting support
Helping you and your client throughout the application process.
- We’ll beat the standard premium offered by a competitor on a like-for-like product.
- We provide help and guidance on any aspect of our underwriting - from evidence requirements to indicative decisions to help you manage your client’s expectations.
- Submitting the application
- Through OLP Connect you have access to the same real time case management system used by our Priority Protection Team. It enables you to quote, apply and follow the progress of all your cases at your own convenience.
- When the application is received, the Priority Protection Team will contact you to acknowledge receipt of the application and confirm your point of contact throughout the process.
- We’ll also confirm completion of our initial assessment and any underwriting requirements. If we need any additional information, we make collecting the data as easy as possible.
- If any additional information is needed, such as lifestyle, occupation, residency or medical or financial information, our Priority Protection Team make all the arrangements, so your clients will know exactly what’s going on and why.
- Financial evidence will be required for life cover applications where the sum assured is above £1,500,000 and Critical Illness Cover applications where the sum assured is above £750,000. With Income Protection Benefit cases, financial assessment takes place at the claims stage.
- Follow the progress of your Priority Protection cases online in real time with OLP Connect. The Priority Protection Team will pro-actively manage your case and provide regular updates, but OLP Connect also lets you amend or alter any protection case right up to the point of being on risk, giving you greater control and making life easier for both you and your clients.
- Decision Stage
- Once an underwriting decision has been made, the Priority Protection Team will contact you to discuss the next steps and, if required, discuss alternative options and costs for cases with non-standard terms.
- OLP Connect gives you the control to enter start dates, edit policies, review case histories and even cancel and reinstate your own cases online at any time up to going on risk.
- In most cases, the decision process is straightforward and once we have accepted your client’s application, we will send them a letter describing our terms of acceptance and their premium details. Their policy will then start when they or you confirm a preferred start date.