Accidental Death Benefit
We’ll cover your client from when we receive the application, for up to 90 days or until we accept, postpone or decline their application.
This means that if they die due to an accident during this time, we’ll pay out the amount they’ve asked to be insured for, up to a maximum of £300,000 for all applications.
The amount will be paid out if the person, or one of the persons covered sustains bodily injury which is the sole cause of death and if the death occurs within 90 days of such an accident.
The lump sum will be paid only once, either under the Accidental Death Benefit, Free Life Cover or the policy itself.
Please read the PDF file: Accidental death and cover certificate PDF size: 51.70KB for exclusions and limitations.
Changing Your Policy
(also known as Guaranteed Insurability Option)
Allows your client to change their cover subject to eligibility criteria without providing further medical evidence:
- if they get married or enter into a registered civil partnership,
- If they increase their mortgage due to a house move or major home improvements,
- If they get a salary increase as a result of a new job or promotion,
- on the birth of their child or the legal adoption of a child.
Your client can change their plan up to three times in total and must make the change within six months of the event.
Eligibility criteria apply, but full details about when and how clients can change their policy can be found in our
PDF file: Product Profiles PDF size: 961.79 .
Your client can request to make other changes to their policy, such as:
- Increasing or decreasing the amount of cover
- Extending or reducing the period of cover
- Removing a life insured, if joint life cover is chosen
- Changing the frequency of the premiums between annually and monthly
Additional underwriting may be required. Please see our PDF file: Product Profiles PDF size: 961.79 document for more details.
Critical Illness Cover
- Optional cover. Can be added at outset for an additional cost.
Critical Illness Cover and Critical Illness Extra are additional options with our Family and Personal Income Plan.
Critical Illness Cover product details
Children’s Critical Illness Cover
- Automatically included if Critical Illness or Critical Illness Extra cover is chosen.
Children are covered for all the conditions listed in their parents’ Critical Illness Cover or Critical Illness Extra (if Children’s Critical Illness Extra is chosen) except Total and Permanent Disability.
Children won’t be covered if the condition was present at birth, or the symptoms first arose before the child was covered, or if the child dies within 10 days of diagnosis of a critical illness.
Cjhilfren's Critical Illness Cover product details
- Helps protect the monthly payments against inflation.
- Guaranteed premiums.
- The amount of cover increases each year in line with the Retail Prices Index (RPI) up to a maximum of 10%.
- If the change in the RPI is less than or equal to 1%, then the amount of cover will stay the same.
- Premiums will increase in line with the changes in the RPI multiplied by 1.5 subject to a maximum increase of 15% per year.
Full details can be found in the Policy Booklet.
Nurse Support Services. Provided by RedArc Assured Limited
Includes advice and support from trained nurses in six areas:
- Treatment, coping strategies and bereavement
- Second medical opinion
- Mental health support
- Carer support
- Help at home after a hospital stay
Terminal Illness Cover
Designed to pay out if the client is diagnosed as being terminally ill, and in the opinion of their hospital consultant and our Medical Officer, the illness is expected to lead to death within 12 months.
We won’t pay out after the death of the life insured or if the policy term at outset is less than two years.
For joint life policies, we’ll only pay out once.
Once the claim has been paid, no further benefits will be payable, and the policy will end.
Waiver of Premium
- Optional cover. Can be added for an additional cost.
Clients won't have to pay their premiums after 26 weeks if they are incapacitated due to illness or injury and are unable to do their normal job.
Incapacity is defined as either Own Occupation or Specified Work Tasks and depends on your client’s employment status. The policy documentation outlines which definition applies.
Premiums will continue to be waived until the client is no longer incapacitated, the plan pays out or the cover ends.