2019 product round up
Products designed to meet clients’ needs
We don’t believe in one size fits all. That’s why we created a new product as well as updating our existing products so you can give your clients the right cover.
Rental Protection Plan: Intermediary Exclusive
Renting is on the rise. In the last 10 years, the UK’s private renting market has doubled. Even so, renters may not consider protection in the way homeowners do. This is why we designed a specific product to meet customer needs.
- By 2025, 50% of adults under the age of 40 will be renting privately
- UK rents are expected to climb by 15% over the next five years
- Renters spend 40% of their income on housing costs, double what owner-occupiers pay
Legal & General's new Rental Protection Plan could help financially protect your clients by providing a monthly benefit that can be used to help pay the rent, in the event of a valid claim during the length of the plan.
To support your conversations about Rental Protection Plan, we’ve developed a 15-minute webinar.
Critical Illness Cover: Making Improvements
We simplified and merged our Critical Illness Cover options in response to intermediary feedback about ways we could improve, and feedback from market influencers. As part of making sure our products are right for you and your clients, we:
- Added new conditions
- Improved existing conditions
- Removed conditions
- Merged conditions
You can learn full details of the Critical Illness Cover changes here.
Income Protection Benefit - Protecting Customers
We improved the pricing and updated our Income Protection Benefit so you can offer more benefits to your clients.
The new updates
- Price reduction
- Expanding overall allowable benefit limits
- Additional income guarantee for NHS Nurses, Doctors and Surgeons
- Nurse Support Services provided by RedArc Assured Ltd
Rehabilitation Support Service:
Your clients can also benefit from our Rehabilitation Support Service. This includes:
- Access to early intervention treatments and a team of healthcare professionals
- Access to a specialist rehabilitation team who will build a structured return to work programme
In an ideal world, no one wants to reach the stage where they're off work due to incapacity caused by illness or injury resulting in a loss of earnings. But if the unfortunate happens, our Income Protection Benefit could pay out a monthly benefit which could help support your clients financially.
Behind every claim: a person
We’ve helped support our customers and their loved ones financially, by paying out over £2.9 billion in protection claims when they were needed most.
Claims payment record: 2018
In 2018, together we helped over 14,000 families through difficult periods in their lives, equating to £638m in protection claims.
On average that’s:
- £1.7m per day
- £12m per week
- £53m per month
- 97% of Life claims helping 10,046 families
- 97% of Terminal illness claims helping 1,023 families
- 93%* of Critical Illness claims helping 3,041 families
- 96% of Childrens Critical Illness claims helping 115 families
- 95%** of Income protection claims helping 474 families
*Includes Children’s Critical illness cover claims
**New claims admitted in 2018 and those already being paid before Jan 2018 that continued to be paid
These figures show the valuable life changing impact that protection can have. We wouldn’t be able to support these customers without the great work you do, day in day out