Streamlining GP evidence requests
- Automated end-to-end responses: We’ll only be requesting electronic evidence from surgeries with a track record of using iGPR. If it turns out the surgery doesn’t respond by day 14, we’ll automatically issue a paper request. You can relax knowing your evidence is being obtained.
- Keeping surgeries engaged with e-requests: We review response rates of surgeries, to ensure we’re only making e-requests from engaged surgeries and therefore continually minimising the risk of no response.
We’re working with iGPR to continue to promote the benefits of returning evidence electronically, with the aim of encouraging more surgeries to get on board with this method.
5 Key reasons to use iGPR:
- Helps with GDPR protection for the surgery and patient
- Assists the surgery to comply with insurance reports and Subject Access Requests
- Gives clients confidence the right information has been obtained to support their claim
- Reports are detailed – resulting in less requests for follow-up or targeted reports
- iGPR is already working successfully with thousands of surgeries
- Producing reports is quick and easy
- Fees can be arranged without a need to phone
- AMRA’s that use e-consent are legally acceptable and are covered under BMA guidelines
- iGPR does not store any patient data
- Sending patient information through iGPR is much safer when compared to post or other traditional methods, as it uses secure electronic encryption
Need more information?
If you have any questions about this new process or anything else, please speak to your Legal & General contact.