Critical Illness Cover
Critical Illness Cover pays out a chosen amount of cover if the client is diagnosed with one of our specified critical illnesses, during the term of their policy.
For the list of illnesses we cover see – Critical Illnesses covered.
Critical Illness Cover includes 41 conditions in total.
- 36 listed critical illnesses that pay full payment
- 2 additional payments
- Terminal Illness cover
- Children’s Critical Illness Cover
We will make an advance payment of the amount of cover if the life insured is placed on an NHS waiting list for one of the specified surgical treatments and meet the full definition:
- Aorta graft surgery – requiring surgical replacement
- Coronary artery bypass grafts – surgery to divide the breastbone or thoracotomy
- Heart valve replacement or repair – with surgery
- Open heart surgery – with surgery to divide the breastbone or thoracotomy
Full definitions for these surgical treatments are detailed in the Policy Booklet.
Limitations and exclusions apply