- Our plan is designed to pay a monthly benefit to the client if they are unable to work due to incapacity caused by illness or injury, resulting in a loss of earnings.
- 2 year Low Cost Option – multiple claims permitted, with each individual claim allowable for a maximum duration of two years.
- Replacement ratio used to calculate the maximum benefit based on amount of annual income. 60% of the first £60,000 of annual income and 50% of any annual income exceeding £60,000.
- Income Guarantee - If the client needs to make a claim, and their salary is lower than it was when they bought the product, the monthly benefit we pay will be based on the lower of £1,500 per month or the monthly benefit on their plan. This could be made up of a combination of continuing income alongside the monthly benefit.
- Own Occupation is available for all clients, except for housepersons.
- Employment related non-means tested State Benefits are not deducted from the monthly benefit paid at claim.
- Full and partial premium discounts are included for some 'Mental Health' and 'Spine' exclusions.
- Option to set up the plan on a Stepped Benefit basis – two deferred periods each with a different monthly benefit amount.
- Increasing plans will increase in line with the changes in the Retail Price Index (RPI) and multiplied by 1.5 subject to a maximum increase of 15% per annum. The RPI provides an indication of inflation on a monthly basis. The RPI measures and tracks the average change in the purchase price of goods and services such as housing expenses and mortgage interest payments. If changes to the RPI are 1% or less then the premium and amount of cover will stay the same until the next review.
- Benefits automatically included from outset are Waiver of Premium, Hospitalisation Benefit, Continuous Cover, Proportionate Benefit, Linked Claims and Life Cover.
- Cover can be increased using the Changing your policy (Previously known as Guaranteed Insurability Option) during the term of the plan without further underwriting. Other changes can be made to the plan and will be assessed at the time.
- Available for housepersons, those that work less than 16 hours per week, are not in paid employment, or are not working at the point of claim.
- Only available as a single life plan.
- The Income Protection Benefit Plan should be reviewed regularly with your client to ensure the level of benefit still suits their needs.
- This is not a savings or investment product and has no cash value, unless a valid claim is made.
Limitations and exclusions apply.
We have a wide range of informative literature and sales support designed to help make the sale of our Income Protection Benefit Plan straightforward for you, and easy to understand for your clients. Find out more
We also have a calculator to work out your client's maximum monthly and stepped benefit on their current salary. Use the tool today