Terminal Illness Cover (TIC)
Terminal Illness Cover pays out the lump sum or monthly benefit (depending on the product chosen) if the life insured is diagnosed as terminally ill and is eligible to claim.
TIC is included automatically at no extra cost (excluding Whole of Life Protection Plan and Income Protection Benefit).
- We'll pay a claim if the life insured is diagnosed as being terminally ill, and in the opinion of their hospital consultant and our Medical Officer, the illness is expected to lead to death within 12 months.
- We won’t pay out after the death of the life insured or if the policy term is less than two years.
- For joint life policies, TIC applies to both lives but we’ll only pay out once when the first life insured is diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- If decreasing cover is chosen, then the TIC cover will also decrease in line with the life cover over the policy term.
- Once a TIC claim has been paid, no further benefit will be payable and the policy will end.
- If after a TIC claim is paid, if they survive, we won't ask for any payment made to be paid back to us.