Group critical illness cover
Our most complete cover, helping you provide better support for your employees and their families.
Group critical illness cover pays out a lump sum if an insured employee is diagnosed with a specified critical illness or condition and then in most cases survives for at least 14 days.
We’ve updated our Group Critical Illness Cover
We’ve increased the number of core conditions to 15 and updated our child cover terms so your client can feel confident that their employees are protected.
The new policy terms will apply to new business quoted after the 01/01/2019. Existing business will be updated in line with renewable terms at their next rate review: For standard policies this will be updated from the 01/04/2019. Flexible and Voluntary policies will update from 01/07/2019
- Covers up to 41 conditions - 15 core conditions as standard and an additional 26 more conditions can be added
- Pays up to £500,000 maximum benefit level or five times scheme earnings (whichever is less)
- To help manage your client’s costs and allow employees further control of their benefits, they may want to consider flexible and voluntary benefits.
- Automatically covers children of the insured employee, from birth for 15 core conditions, plus six child only conditions. If the additional conditions are also chosen, the child will be covered by these too.
- Spouses and registered civil partners of an employee can also be covered at an additional cost
- Easy to set up - most employees can be covered without needing medical underwriting
Benefits for your clients
Flexible value for money benefit
- Cover can usually be provided for less than 1% of payroll depending on the level of cover and benefits chosen
Enhanced employee benefits
- With Critical Illness Cover providing valuable support when it may be needed most, it can be used as part of a benefits package to help attract and retain top talent.
Support for employee wellbeing
- Employee performance and wellbeing go hand in hand. If an employee is struggling with an issue or worry, they are unlikely to perform at their best.
- Our critical illness cover comes with access to an award winning Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provider, Health Assured, who can help by providing personalised support around the clock for all your client's employees. Employees will be able to have access to support, whether they are covered by us or not. Find out more about our EAP here.
- Immediate family members* of employees can also benefit from access to our EAP telephone support services.
- Employees will also be able to use Health Assured's mobile app, My Healthy Advantage app. This can help them manage the overall health around the clock.
Flexible cover for your clients budget
- Your client can choose to take out different levels of cover to suit their budget and the needs of their employees. Your client can choose to insure all or a defined group of employees, add additional conditions or offer the option for employees to personally select and pay for cover.
Easy to set up
- Most employees can be insured without the need for lengthy medical underwriting. Helping to make it easier to set up a policy. We will check the medical history when there’s a claim, please see ‘What we can’t cover’ for further details.
Fast claims process
- Payments are made as soon as we’ve accepted the claim, usually within five working days. Find out more
We'll continue to provide cover and pay any valid claims as long as premiums are paid and the policy terms are met. There are some circumstances where we won't provide cover. You can find out more about in our PDF file: Critical illness cover technical guide PDF size: 367KB . In particular, please read about pre-existing and related conditions that we can’t cover.
*Immediate family member includes spouse, partner, registered civil partner, siblings and children aged 16 to 24 in full time education, living in the same household.