Before you get a quote
Now you've decided to get a quote for our Pension Annuity you should have:
- spoken to or visited Pension Wise, a service from MoneyHelper.
- read the Pension Wise flyer PDF: 280KB
- used the guidance and advice available to you, including speaking to a financial adviser
- reviewed the different retirement products and options available to you in the market
- read our product key documents.
For full details of our Pension Annuity take a look at our key documents below:
Take a look at Your pension: your choices.pdf for more information about your retirement options.
Completing an online quote
You can get an online quote for our Pension Annuity using Defined Contribution pension pots only. Please note, we can't give you an online quote for a Guaranteed Annuity Rate (GAR), Guaranteed Minimum Pension (GMP), Defined Benefit pension or any other guaranteed benefit or if your total pension savings are below £5,000; please call us on 0800 009 3867 instead.
You can get an online quote for our Pension Annuity if you're aged between 54 years 11 months and 84 years 9 months. If you're aged between 50 and 54 years 11 months and in ill health, have a guaranteed retirement age or death in service or you're over 84 years 9 months you should call us for a quote on 0800 009 3867.
If you live outside the UK please call us on +44 (0) 2920 276080 for a quote. Calls charges will vary.
We may record and monitor calls.
Information you'll need to complete your quote:
- the type of pension(s) you have
- the value of the total pensions savings you want to use for this quote
- details of any medical conditions, including dates of diagnosis, treatment and prescribed medication
- details of your spouse/registered civil partner or financially dependent partner's medical conditions, treatment and medication if you wish to pay them an income after your death.
Personal and medical information
We follow a strict confidentiality code about all medical information you give us, or which we get from any additional medical report. We hold your medical information securely, with limited access to authorised individuals who need to see it. A copy of our confidentiality policy is available on request.
We'll only pass your details to a third-party with your consent. This may be necessary if we need further medical information, agreement from our reassurer and/or for administrative purposes.
If you’d prefer to provide your medical/lifestyle information over the phone, please call us on 0800 009 3867.
We may record and monitor calls.
Can I get a better income from my annuity?
If you get a quote for our Pension Annuity, we can also tell you if the amount we’ve quoted is the highest in the market, or if you could get a higher annual income by shopping around.
To do this, we’ll need to share some of your key information with other annuity providers. You can rest assured that we won’t share your contact details. We’ll ask for your consent to share your information as part of your quote.
- If you choose to buy a pension annuity it's essential that you select the right one for you as, once the cancellation period has passed, you won't be able to change your annuity payments or annuity provider.
- It’s important to shop around and get as much guidance and advice as you need before you make any decisions about what's best for you. Other providers may have more appropriate products or be able to offer a higher level of retirement income.
- Other providers will offer different rates based on medical or lifestyle factors. Even if you qualify for extra income with us another provider could offer you more.
- Any options you choose could affect the income you receive for the rest of your life.