Attendance Allowance rates
- Lower rate: £60 per week
- Higher rate: £89.60 per week
You'll qualify for the lower rate if you need support day or night. The higher rate is there to help if you need support day and night.
Attendance Allowance eligibility
- If you’ve reached State Pension age;
- you have a physical disability (including sensory disability, for example blindness), a mental disability (including learning difficulties), or both;
- your disability is severe enough for you to need help caring for yourself or someone to supervise you, for your own or someone else’s safety;
- you have needed that help for at least 6 months (unless you’re terminally ill).
Understanding your options
While they’re the most well known, care homes aren’t your only option. Find out about other potential options, such as home adaptations.
Find local help to you
Whether you need some help at home, or want to find out more about Care Homes in your area, our Finding Care tool can help.
Avoiding care costs
Our mythbusting guide can help you make sense of gifting rules.