Group Income Protection Employer
Group income protection aims to provide an income for an employee when they're unable to work long term, as a result of an illness or injury.
If the policy incapacity definition is met, then payment starts after a deferred period. The deferred period is like a waiting period which is often 26 weeks but you choose a period that’s suitable from a range of options. The payment can continue until the employee returns to work, otherwise, depending on the options you choose, when they reach their state pension age.
As well as the financial support, we aim to help you manage long-term sickness absence. Policies include rehabilitation where appropriate, to help support employees back into the workplace.
Read our brochure (777kb pdf) to find out more
Designed to help you by
- Reducing the impact from long term absence costs.
- Providing support, where appropriate, to help employees back to work.
- Collaborative absence processes and management information.
- Helping to enhance your benefits package to help attract and retain employees.
Benefits to your employees
- Financial support when absent long term, due to illness or injury.
- Where appropriate, fast track funded rehabilitation treatment such as physiotherapy and psychological treatment.
- Rehabilitation support can be provided, throughout absence, including assistance with returning to work.
- Access to an award winning Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provider, Health Assured who can help by providing personalised support around the clock for all your employees. Your employees will be able to have access to support, whether they’re covered by us or not. Find out more about our EAP here.
- Immediate family members* of employees can also benefit from access to our EAP telephone support services.
- Employees will be able to use Health Assured’s, My Healthy Advantage app. This can help them manage their overall health around the clock.
*Immediate family member includes spouse, partner, registered civil partner, siblings and children aged 16 to 24 in full time education, living in the same household.
We'll continue to provide cover and pay any valid claims as long as the policy terms are met. You can find when we will and won't pay claims and a glossary of terms, in our PDF file: Group income protection technical guide PDF size: 835KB .