Unpaid carers spent an extra 92 million hours looking after relatives during the pandemic. Find out how we're supporting working carers
“Money. I currently work but am having to give up work because I can't afford to care and work anymore - it's ruining my health. This will leave our finances in a mess, but I don't have a choice.”
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has had a profound impact on people receiving and providing care across the UK which means that employees are under even more pressure to support loved ones. Unpaid carers are more than twice as likely to suffer from poor health compared to people without caring responsibilities, which means that we need to be there for working carers now more than ever.
Caring responsibilities is translating into the workplace in a number of ways:
- Carers are generally aged 40 – 60 years old and often at the peak of their working career
- Many working carers are reducing hours or giving up work which is impacting their own financial wellbeing, as well as reducing turnover of businesses
- 70% of carers own mental health is negatively impacted which results in presenteeism and absenteeism
- Many carers are not performing at work due to the stresses and strains of being a carer and unfortunately feel like they have nobody to talk to.
Health and Wellbeing
88% of working carers don't feel supported by their employer
Provide access to emotional support to create a more caring culture in your organisation
600 people every day are leaving their job to care for a loved one
Provide access to technical support to avoid employees reducing working hours or leaving their job, resulting in improved staff retention for businesses
Diversity and inclusion
Women are four times more likely to be caring for a loved one
Provide access to practical support to support gender and BAME equality in the workplace
- Of those services users who gave feedback, 100% rated us as 'Excellent' or 'Good'.
Our Care Concierge service can support your employees, and your business
Our Care experts have:
- 30+ years’ experience across the whole team
- Backgrounds in nursing, social care, care home agencies and quality assurance
- Qualifications in nursing, social care, health care and project management
Whether employees want to plan ahead or have an immediate need for support, Care Concierge can help. We have created a “one stop shop” for later life care matters and are proud to be helping working carers at a time of need.