How to get more information.
There are lots of ways you can get more information. These are just a few:
- The Money Advice Service website has interactive money planners and guides on retirement planning that you might find useful. You can call them on 0800 138 7777.
- Visit The Pensions Advisory Service website or call them on 0300 123 1047.
- Check what an adviser might be able to do for you, either about your current situation or closer to when you plan to take your benefits. If you don’t have an adviser, you can find one by visiting www.unbiased.co.uk.
- Check whether you have pensions with other companies or employers. Find out who they are and chase them up for information. If you need help, visit the Pension Tracing Service, run by the Government.
- Get an estimate of the State Pension you’ll get when you reach State Pension age.
- Pension Wise is a Government service that offers free and impartial pension guidance on your pension options if you are aged 50 or over. This is available through their website, over the phone or face-to-face. Call Pension Wise on 030 0330 1001 to book an appointment.