Home Insurance claims
Making a claim
Here's some useful information to share with your customer to help make sure their claim runs smoothly:
Rainbow home insurance
ARE THEY COVERED?
Before your customer contacts us to make a claim they should check their policy schedule or policy document to ensure that they have the correct cover in place.
DO THEY NEED TO CONTACT THE POLICE?
There are some incidents where your customer will need to have notified the police before they can claim. These are:
- Theft, attempted theft or lost property
- Loss or damage caused by vandalism, riot, civil commotion, strikes or labour disturbances, malicious acts, vandalism or loss of property or money.
DO THEY HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION THEY NEED TO MAKE A CLAIM?
It’s useful for your customer to have the following information to hand before they contact us:
- Their policy number
- The date and time that the loss or damage your customer is claiming for happened
- A crime reference number (if applicable to your customer’s claim).
WHAT NUMBER SHOULD YOUR CUSTOMER CALL?
For Rainbow household insurance claims in England, Scotland or Wales:
0345 270 0088
For Rainbow household insurance claims in Northern Ireland:
0345 071 1434
For Home Emergency Cover claims - provided by Inter Partner Assistance SA and administered by Axa Assistance ( UK ) Limited (if your customer has selected buildings insurance):
0800 072 4680
For Family Legal Protection claims (if selected):
0370 050 0962
We may record and monitor calls. Call charges will vary.
If you are completing a claim form or your customer needs to complete a claim form, they can be completed, saved and then emailed to the relevant claims team in Birmingham.
– when complete, please email to email@example.com
We will contact your customer to confirm the details they have given us and will keep them updated on the progress of their claim, by their preferred communication method.