Making a claim
We aim to make claiming on our Home Insurance as straightforward as possible.
Here's some useful information to share with your customer to help make sure their claim runs smoothly:
Rainbow home insurance
Are they covered?
Before your customer contacts us to make a claim they should check their policy schedule or policy document to ensure that they have the correct cover in place.
Do they need to contact the police?
There are some incidents where your customer will need to have notified the police before they can claim. These are:
- Theft, attempted theft or lost property
- Loss or damage caused by vandalism, riot, civil commotion, strikes or labour disturbances.
Do they have all the information they need to make a claim?
It’s useful for your customer to have the following information to hand before they contact us:
- Their policy number
- The date and time that the loss or damage your customer is claiming for happened
- A crime reference number (if applicable to your customer’s claim).
What number should your customer call?
For Rainbow household insurance claims in England, Scotland or Wales:
0345 270 0088
For Rainbow household insurance claims in Northern Ireland:
03450 711434 option 1
For Home Emergency Cover claims - provided by Inter Partner Assistance SA and administered by Axa Assistance ( UK ) Limited (if your customer has selected buildings insurance):
0345 155 6403
For Family Legal Protection claims (if selected):
0370 050 0962
We may record and monitor calls. Call charges may vary.
If you are completing a claim form or your customer needs to complete a claim form, they can be completed, saved and then emailed to the relevant claims team in Birmingham.
– when complete, please email to email@example.com
We will write to your customer to confirm the details they have given us and will keep them updated on the progress of their claim by telephone.
Home Insurance Enhanced
What should your Enhanced customer do if they need to make a claim?
- Your customer should report the occurrence to you as detailed in their policy schedule as soon as reasonably practical;
- They must also report the occurrence to the police if it involves a lost item or if your customer suspects that a crime has been committed and obtain a crime reference number;
- Following an occurrence your customer should take all reasonable measures to prevent or lessen the possibility of further loss or damage. Please tell your customer to retain receipts as these may form part of their claim;
- You, the Broker must contact Aqua, with the information that we require.