Please note our Landlords Insurance contents cover is not available without buildings cover.
The sum insured selected must represent the full cost of replacing the landlord’s contents.
The table below shows a number of features which are covered as standard under our contents insurance.
|What's included?||Cover / Limit||Selling point|
|Loss or damage caused by perils such as fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, earthquake, storm, flood, theft or attempted theft, escape of water, leakage of oil, falling trees and malicious acts or vandalism.|| |
|Loss or damage caused by escape of water and leakage of oil.|| ||Ask your customer what would happen if the washing machine leaked and damaged their carpets? Would they be able to afford to replace them?|
|Contents in outbuildings.||Up to 5% of contents sum insured (minimum £1,000)|
|Your customer's legal liability as the landlord of the home for causing injury to others or damage to their property.||Up to a maximum of £2 million for any one claim|
|Replacement locks to the external doors of the let property if the keys are stolen.||Up to £750||Ask your customer what would happen if their handbag was stolen with the keys in and perhaps details of the let property? They can install new locks to external doors of the insured property up to £750 without worrying about the expense.|
|Your customer's sum insured will automatically be adjusted to keep pace with inflation.|| |
|24 hour legal helpline.|| ||Your customer can call our legal helpline for expert advice about all kinds of domestic legal problems.|
What isn’t covered?
- The first £100 of each claim or in the event of escape of water or accidental damage or malicious damage by tenants, the first £250.
- Theft or attempted theft by tenants.
- High risk property such as TVs, pictures and works of art.
- Property belonging to or the responsibility of the tenants.
- Loss or damage resulting directly from the home being used for an illegal purpose.
- Loss or damage caused by escape of water if the home is unoccupied for more than 40 days.
These are only a few of the limitations and exclusions that apply. For full details of what is and isn’t covered, as well as our acceptance criteria, refer to the PDF file: Broker Landlords Insurance - Insurance Product Information Document (QGI13954) PDF size: 135KB and .