Why this is important to us
We have more than half a million customers over age 65. We want to help them lead longer, healthier and happier lives.
One of the ways we will achieve this is to invest in companies focused on health and wellness. Specifically, companies that meet one or more of our strategic objectives.
- Creating health equality. The gap in life expectancy between the most and least deprived areas of England is 9.3 years for males and 7.3 years for females.1
- Living well with dementia. We aim to invest in solutions that help mitigate the detrimental impact of dementia. If current trends continue the number of people with dementia in the UK is forecast to increase to 1.1 million by 2025.2
- Preventing of lifestyle linked diseases. Inactive lifestyles have been linked to 70,000 deaths in the UK annually.3
- Stimulating a mentally well population. People with two or more long-term physical health conditions are seven times more likely to experience depression than those without a long-term condition.4
- Changing the narrative of care. We want to leverage technology to allow people to remain in their own home for longer.5
Our investments so far
We’ve already invested £22bn in growing UK businesses and we’re building a reputation as a leading investor in the healthy ageing market. For example, we’ve invested in Current Health, a patient monitoring platform. Current Health helps people to remain in their own home and monitor their condition remotely.
What's in it for you?
If your business meets our criteria, this could be an exceptional opportunity. If accepted, you’ll not only benefit from equity investment, you could be considered for grant funding too.
We will look for opportunities to help you in whatever way we can, connecting you with our half a million retirement customers or being able to utilise our resources such as the data science team.
If you share our passion to make a difference, apply now.