Our innovative tool makes getting Home Insurance quick and easy

We realise that both your time and your home are precious. That’s why we developed SmartQuote, an easy-to-use, mobile-friendly tool that allows you to get a quote in 5 questions.

What is Home Insurance?

Home or House Insurance can help protect your property and belongings from unexpected events like escape of water, fire, storm, floods and theft. Whether as a result of extreme weather, or unforeseen circumstances such as water damage from a burst pipe or suffering a break in, home insurance is designed to cover you against the cost of repair, rebuilding or replacement, depending on which cover you choose.

What is the difference between Buildings and Contents Insurance?

There are two types of Home insurance: Buildings Insurance, if you need to protect the structure of your home and Contents Insurance, if you need cover for your belongings. Your policy can include both or you can choose to take either one out separately.

Buildings Insurance covers the costs of repairing or rebuilding the structure of your home and its permanent fixtures and fittings should it be damaged or destroyed. It includes your garages and domestic outbuildings within the boundaries of your land.

Contents Insurance covers your household goods and personal belongings like clothes, furniture, curtains and kitchen appliances in the home (including contents inside garages within the boundaries of your land) - everything you'd take with you if you moved to a new house.