Storms and Extreme Weather
Brrrr........snow, ice, storms, floods, these can tell us that Winter's on its way. Have you thought about protecting your home against wintery weather?
Preparing for storms and extreme weather can be really important in enabling you to protect your home from damage. Do you carry out annual checks on your property?
We've put together some handy home protection tips, which may help:
- keep up-to-date with the latest weather forecasts
- ensure your drains and gutters are clear of debris to prevent blockages
- check loft insulation is thick enough and in good condition
- are all your pipes and water tanks lagged - check to ensure they are and that there's insulation on the pipes
- cut back trees and branches to minimise the risk of falling branches
- ensure garden objects and ladders are secured in case of high winds
- we recommend maintaining a minimum temperature of 12 degrees in the home during severe weather
It's best to keep up-to-date with the weather where you live, so to help you prepare for severe weather conditions, the Met Office can provide you with a 5-day weather forecast.
Whatever you're doing this winter, consider our Home Insurance and be prepared!
Always be cautious when undertaking any task that you're not fully familiar with as you could injure yourself or those around you, seek professional help where required.
Legal & General are not responsible for the content of third party sites.