Cover for the contents in your home

We understand that your personal belongings can have great value to you and your family. We also know that what may seem like small items can really add up. Your furniture, kitchen appliances, curtains, bedding, clothing, laptops and jewellery all need to be protected.

Legal & General’s Home Contents Insurance is Defaqto rated. Defaqto are a leading UK independent financial information business, specialising in rating, comparing and analysing financial products.

  • No interest charge when you pay monthly
  • UK based call centres and a claims line open 24/7 365 days a year

What is Contents Insurance?

Contents Insurance offers protection against damage or theft to the personal belongings in your home. To work out what's covered, consider that Contents Insurance includes everything you'd take with you if you moved to a new home and should cover you against events such as theft, fire, flood, loss or damage.

Who needs Contents Insurance?

Anyone could have a need for Contents Insurance, as it covers your personal belongings as well as furniture. So whether you own your home or rent, you'll find that if you want to protect the things in your home that are not part of the building, then you'll need Contents Insurance.

If you own your own home you also need to consider Buildings Insurance to protect the structure of your property.