We must be notified as soon as possible of any accident or loss involving your car or any other incidents which may lead to a claim by you or a third party.
Legal & General Car Insurance is arranged and administered by BISL Limited, which is an independent intermediary and is underwritten by a panel of insurers.
What to do if you have an accident
In the unfortunate event that you are involved in an accident, please take the following simple steps:
- Don't leave the accident scene
- Call the police if anyone is injured
- Obtain the details of all witnesses
- Note the details of the third party, including name, address, vehicle registration number, the name of their insurance company and their policy number
- Take pictures of the accident scene with your mobile phone
- Sketch a rough diagram of the accident scene
- Do not admit liability, seek settlement or offer to negotiate
- Report the accident to us as soon as possible on 0344 412 2199 (24 hours). Calls may be recorded and monitored, call charges will vary.
What to do if your car is subject to a theft, attempted theft or malicious damage
- Call the police and obtain a crime reference number
- Report the incident to us as soon as possible on 0344 412 2199 (24 hours). Calls may be recorded and monitored, call charges will vary.
What to do if your car windscreen or window glass is broken or damaged
- If you have comprehensive cover and your claim is for your car windscreen, side or rear windows, or the sunroof, please contact our claims department on 0800 294 3241 (24 hours). Claims under this section will not affect your no claims discount. If the glass has to be replaced the glass excess shown on your schedule of insurance will be payable.
- If you do not have comprehensive car cover, you can still call the claims department but you will have to pay the cost of the replacement or repair.
Limitations and Exclusions
Limitations and exclusions apply, for full details please refer to the key documents section of this page. Subject to excesses shown in the schedule of insurance. An additional excess for young and inexperienced drivers may apply.