We understand how distressing loss or damage to your home can be and we aim to make your claims experience as quick and hassle-free as possible with our step-by-step claims process. More information can also be found in our Help with making a claim. PDF: 332KB
Step 1: Report to the Police (If applicable)Report the following to the police as soon as possible and get a crime reference number or loss report number:
- Theft, attempted theft or loss of property.
- Any loss or damage caused by malicious acts, vandalism, riot, civil commotion, strikes or labour disturbances.
Step 2: Check whether you're covered
Before you make a claim check your policy schedule and policy booklet to ensure you have the correct level of cover. Pay particular attention to:
- Any endorsements and excesses that apply.
- Details of what we will and won't cover.
- 'Claims settlement' at the end of each section - this tells you about any conditions that may affect the amount of any claim settlement.
- All general exceptions and conditions.
Step 3: Gather your information
To help us process your claim quickly, please have the following information to hand:
- Your policy number.
- The date and time of the loss or damage.
- The police loss report number or crime reference number (if applicable).
Step 4: Make a claim
To make a claim, please call us on one of the following numbers. All lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Home insurance: 0370 900 5565 (general home insurance claims)
Home emergency cover:
Essentials Customers: 0800 072 4680 (home emergency service provided by AXA Assistance UK Limited)
Extra Customers: 0800 072 4321 (home emergency service provided by AXA Assistance UK Limited)
Family legal protection: 0370 050 0962 (family legal protection claims)
Legal helpline: 0370 050 0962 (obtaining legal advice)
Domestic emergency helpline: 0800 408 9103 (advice in the case of a home emergency and you don't already have home emergency cover)
Call charges may vary. We may record and monitor calls.
Step 5: What happens next?
If your claim is accepted, we'll agree actions on the initial call and keep in touch by phone to let you know what's happening.
- We may appoint a specialist to visit you, in which case we'll let you know.
- Complicated claims, such as those for subsidence, may take longer than others to complete. If that's the case we'll give you the name of a personal contact that'll keep you informed about progress.
For more detailed information on our claims process, please read our Help with making a claim. PDF: 332KB