As with all insurance products there are some restrictions on who can apply for a policy. You're eligible for a Lifestyle Cover policy if all of the following apply.
- You're a permanent resident in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man
- You’re employed, self-employed or a contract worker working for at least 16 hours a week in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man; or working for at least 16 hours a week outside the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for either:
a) Armed Forces, Civil Service; or
b) A company registered in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man and you're required to work within the European Union.
In addition, at the policy start date:
- You’re aged 18 or over and under 64 at the policy start date.
- Immediately before the policy start date you’ve been working for at least six months in a row.
- You haven’t been notified by your employer, verbally or in writing, that you may lose your job.
Your type of employment may affect how this cover applies to you and your circumstances. To get a better understanding of how this works, please choose your type of employment from the list below.
Please Note: If you're employed or a contract worker, we don't cover ‘zero hour’ contracts, for example if your employer doesn't have to provide you with any minimum working hours, and you're not obliged to accept any of the hours offered. We can’t provide cover if you're a casual or temporary worker, or if you're contracted to an employment agency.
Important information when you apply
It’s important that you give us accurate information when you apply for this policy. If you give us incorrect information, you may not be covered and we may not be able to pay a claim. You must continue to meet the requirements listed in the first two bullet points above for this policy to stay in force and for us to pay a claim.
To help you understand how Lifestyle Cover Insurance works, we’ve provided an overview of what is and isn't covered.
Find out more about what's covered.
Our Lifestyle Cover Insurance typically costs £5.06 a month for every £100 of monthly benefit.
This is based on a 36-year-old customer choosing £900 of accident, sickness and unemployment monthly benefit with claims paid after a 30-day deferred period.
The cost of this insurance depends on a number of factors, such as your age, where you live and your occupation. As a result, the cost you will pay is based on your own circumstances.
There are other providers of Short-term Income Protection and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, please visit the website at https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk