Transaction costs and taxes
The table below gives details of historic transaction costs and taxes for each fund. It is for information purposes only.
You need to be aware that comparing transaction costs for a range of funds may give a false impression of the relative costs of investing in them for the following reasons:
- Transaction costs do not necessarily reduce returns. The net impact of dealing is the combination of the effectiveness of the manager’s investment decisions in improving returns and the associated costs of investment.
- Historic transaction costs are not an effective indicator of the impact of future transaction costs on performance.
- Transaction costs for buying and selling investments due to other investors joining or leaving the fund may be recovered from those investors, or may be accounted for by the spread. For further information see Understanding unit prices.
- Transaction costs vary from country to country.
- Transaction costs vary depending on the types of asset a fund invests in.
- Transaction costs are not predictable as they depend on the manager’s investment decisions.
|Fund||Average transaction costs and taxes over a three year period1|
|Stockbroker fees2||Transfer taxes |
(for example stamp
|All Stocks Gilt Index||0.00%||0.00%|
|All Stocks Index Linked Gilt Index||0.00%||0.00%|
|Emerging Markets Government Bond (Local Currency) Index||0.00%||0.00%|
|Emerging Markets Government Bond (US$) Index||0.00%||0.00%|
|European Equity Income||No data available due to age of fund|
|Future Worlds Equity Factors Index||No data available due to age of fund|
|Global 100 Index||0.01%||0.01%|
|Global Emerging Markets Index||0.03%||0.02%|
|Global Equity Index||0.01%||0.02%|
|Global Health and Pharmaceuticals Index||0.01%||0.01%|
|Global Inflation Linked Bond Index||0.00%||0.00%|
|Global Real Estate Dividend Index||0.03%||0.04%|
|Global Technology Index||0.02%||0.00%|
|Managed Monthly Income||0.00%||0.00%|
|Mixed Investment 0-20%||0.00%||0.01%|
|Mixed Investment 0-35%||0.00%||0.01%|
|Mixed Investment 20-60%||0.00%||0.04%|
|Mixed Investment 40-85%||0.00%||0.00%|
|Mixed Investment Income 0-35%||0.00%||0.00%|
|Mixed Investment Income 20-60%||0.00%||0.00%|
|Multi-Asset Target Return Fund||0.02%||0.01%|
|Multi-Index Income 4||0.00%||0.00%|
|Multi-Index Income 5||0.00%||0.00%|
|Multi-Index Income 6||0.00%||0.00%|
|Multi Manager Balanced||0.00%||0.00%|
|Multi Manager Growth||0.00%||0.00%|
|Multi Manager Income||0.00%||0.00%|
|Real Capital Builder||No data available due to age of fund|
|Real Income Builder||0.03%||0.03%|
|Short Dated Sterling Corporate Bond Index Fund||0.00%||0.00%|
|Sterling Corporate Bond Index||0.00%||0.00%|
|UK 100 Index||0.01%||0.17%|
|UK Equity Income||0.08%||0.17%|
|UK Mid Cap Index||No data available due to age of fund|
|UK Property Feeder3||0.78%||0.32%|
|UK Select Equity||0.02%||0.06%|
|UK Smaller Companies||0.02%||0.04%|
|UK Special Situations||0.18%||0.33%|
|(Alliance & Leicester) Capital Growth||0.00%||0.01%|
- Figures quoted in the latest annual manager’s report published.
- This table shows the average stockbroker fees and transfer taxes that the Fund incurred in buying and selling its assets over the last three financial years. Transfer taxes include stamp duty tax payable on equity purchases in the UK. We take these costs from the Fund’s capital (its assets). Where the Fund invests in shares, it pays these costs on each transaction.
- This fund invests solely in the Legal & General UK Property Fund and these transaction costs and taxes represent those incurred by the master fund.
For more information on transaction costs, please see the fund’s Prospectus. You can download a copy of the prospectus from our 'Key Investor Information documents' page, or contact us to get a copy free of charge. The ‘Prospectus’ is only available in English.