Transfer a Junior ISA or Child Trust Fund to us
Transferring a Junior ISA
If your child already has either a cash Junior ISA or stocks and shares Junior ISA with another provider, you can transfer it to us at any time. The minimum amount you can transfer to us is £100. Your existing provider may charge a fee for the transfer.
Transferring a Child Trust Fund (CTF)
There are a few differences between the two products that you should be aware of before you make the transfer:
- The subscription year for Junior ISAs runs from 6 April to 5 April (the tax year), not from the child’s birthday. Any transfer from a CTF to a Junior ISA doesn’t affect the child’s Junior ISA allowance for the current tax year.
- The minimum contribution levels in a Junior ISA may be different from those in the CTF.
- Stakeholder CTFs have a 1.5% charges cap which doesn’t apply to Junior ISAs. Charges vary between individual funds. You should also make sure you are happy with any charges that may apply, if you choose to transfer.
- Some Stakeholder CTFs have an automatic lifestyling feature which now starts from when the child reaches the age of 15. This gradually moves the CTF into lower risk investments.
- In a Junior ISA the investment remains in the fund(s) you invest in, but you are free to switch between the available funds at any time, meaning you can decide what level of risk to take at all times.
- You can only transfer your CTF to a Junior ISA in full, it is not possible to split the amount between a CTF and a Junior ISA.
- Once you have transferred a CTF to a Junior ISA, it permanently becomes a Junior ISA and can't be switched back to a CTF.
We’ve put together options to help you get started and find the solution that’s right for you, but please remember the decision of whether to invest and where is your decision. We are unable to provide you with any advice.
Responds to the markets - Multi- index fund range
An option if you prefer your investment decisions being made by our team of experts across a range of funds.
Pick your own - our full fund range
An option if you want to invest in one or more of our full range of funds
Ready to apply?
- Download our Terms and conditions
- Select the funds you wish to invest in through our Fund Information page.
- Consider how much you wish to allocate to each of the fund(s).
- Once you have completed all the sections required, please post the form along with your cheque (if you're making a lump sum payment) to:
Legal & General Investments
PO Box 6080