Transfer your ISA to us
Things to consider:
- You can transfer a stocks and shares ISA or a cash ISA held with another provider to a Legal & General stocks and shares ISA.
- We don't charge a transfer fee but other providers may.
- You can transfer both a cash ISA and a stocks and shares ISA from previous years in full or in part.
- If you wish to transfer the current tax year's cash ISA or stocks and shares ISA you'll need to transfer the full amount.
- Transferring to us will not affect this year's ISA allowance and you won't lose out on your tax benefits.
- The minimum transfer amount is £100.
- Your transfer will take a minimum of 14 days.
- Whilst your ISA transfer is being processed you can’t transfer it back, but you can withdraw your money and we won’t charge you for doing this.
- Some of our funds may invest overseas. Changes in exchange rates between currencies may cause the value of your investment and the level of any income to rise or fall.
- Whilst your ISA transfer is taking place you won't benefit from any rise in the markets and you could lose some income or growth.
- If you withdraw the money during an ISA transfer, you may not get back the full amount that you transferred and you will lose this amount from your ISA allowance.
- Although there is no fixed term you should consider a stocks and shares ISA to be medium to long term, ideally five years or more.
- Please remember the value of your investment and any income from it may fall as well as rise and is not guaranteed. You may get back less than you invest.
- The tax efficiency of ISAs is based on current rules. The current tax situation may not be maintained. The benefit of the tax treatment depends on individual circumstances.
- Each fund has its own risks detailed in the individual Key Investor Information
- More general information can be found in A guide to investing with us . Before you decide to invest you must read these documents.