Our landlord buildings insurance protects your rental property from events including fire, storm, flood and subsidence.

We cover rebuilding costs up to £800,000 and include up to £2 million of cover for your legal liabilities as a property owner.

To help protect your investment, we include £500 of home emergency cover plus up to £40,000 cover for loss of rent or alternative accommodation costs.

We also offer additional cover options including legal expenses and rent guarantee cover to extend the level of protection offered by the policy.


Why choose us?

If you ever need to make a claim with us, we give you a single point of contact, dedicated to your claim from beginning to end.

What's includedCoveredLimit
Loss or damage including, but not limited to fire, smoke, explosion, lightning or earthquake, malicious acts of vandalism, storm or flood, subsidence, heave or landslip, theft or attempted theft, escape of water and leakage of oil. Rebuilding costs up to £800,000
Accidental breakage of fixed glass and sanitaryware, for example sinks and toilet bowls. Some exclusions may apply
Your legal liability as the landlord for injury to others or damage to their property. Up to a maximum of £2 million for any one claim
Cover for loss of rent or alternative accommodation for the tenant if the home is made uninhabitable by an insured event. Up to £40,000
Home emergency cover. Up to £500
The cost of tracing water or oil leaks inside the home. Up to £5,000

Optional accidental damage and malicious damage by Tenants cover
Cover for accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants to buildings. Some exclusions may apply

In addition to Buildings cover, the following options are available:

Optional Contents cover

Cover for your household goods, furniture, furnishings, fixtures and fittings.

Find out more about Contents insurance.

Up to £35,000

Optional legal expenses, rent guarantee and eviction of squatters
Legal expenses cover for legal costs or fees if a tenant breaches their tenancy agreement. Up to £50,000
Our rent guarantee protects you from unpaid rent for up to 12 months. Some exclusions may apply
Squatters cover - negotiation for your legal rights to evict anyone who is not your tenant and does not have permission to be there. Some exclusions may apply

£100 of each and every claim or £250 in the event of escape of water and (if chosen) accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants.

An excess of £1,000 applies to claims for subsidence, heave or landslip.

Storm or flood damage to fences, gates, hedges, cantilever car-ports, canopies and awnings, and to any felt roof where the felt is more than 10 years old.

Loss or damage caused by escape of water or frost if the property is unoccupied for more than 40 consecutive days.

Loss or damage caused by malicious acts or vandalism, theft or attempted theft, leakage of oil or accidental breakage of fixed glass or fixed sanitaryware if the property is unoccupied for more than 90 consecutive days. Additionally, if the property is unoccupied for between 40 and 90 days, the standard excess of £100 is increased to £500 for these perils.

Loss or damage resulting directly from the home being used for any illegal purpose.

Frost damage to any plumbed in water or heating installation in garages and outbuildings.

Routine day-to-day maintenance, wear and tear or damage that happens gradually over a period of time such as damp or rot.

Where optional accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants is selected - damage occurring where satisfactory credit references have not been obtained.


Important Information

These are examples of what is and isn't covered. Further limitations and exclusions apply. For full details, please read the Policy Summary and Policy Booklet in the Key Document section.

Back to Landlords insurance

Back to Contents insurance