You can apply for our Landlord Insurance online. Please read the criteria carefully and answer honestly, otherwise your policy and any claims you make may be invalid.
The property to be insured is:
- Owned by you.
- Let solely for private residential purposes.
- Let under a written single tenancy agreement between you and the individual tenant(s), who will occupy it.
- In a sound state of repair and will be so maintained.
- Not undergoing any renovation or construction work.
- Not in an area where a flood warning is in place.
- Currently occupied by your tenant(s).
The property (and its outbuildings) hasn't been:
- Affected by flood in the last 15 years.
- Affected by subsidence, heave or landslip or structural movement in the last 15 years.
- Underpinned or provided with other structural support in the last 15 years.
You or anyone else applying for this insurance have not:
- Had any claims or losses (whether insured or not) within the last 12 months in respect of the property to be insured.
- Had more than one claim or loss (whether insured or not) within the last three years in respect of the property to be insured.
- Had any claims or losses (whether insured or not) totalling more than £2,500 within the last three years, in respect of the property to be insured.
- Been convicted of, or charged with but not yet tried for, any offence other than a driving offence.
- In the last 15 years been turned down for insurance, given special insurance terms, or had your insurance cancelled or declared void.
If you don't meet all of the criteria above, or your property is a flat or maisonette, we may be able to give you a quote over the phone on 0800 092 9922.
Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 6pm Fridays and 9am to 5pm Saturday. We may record and monitor calls.
Legal expenses and rent guarantee cover:
In order to qualify for optional legal expenses and rent guarantee cover, the following will apply:
i) The tenant must be 18 or over.
ii) The monthly rent must not exceed £2,000.
iii) The landlord or managing agent must:
- Not allow a tenant to enter into possession of the home, unless a tenancy agreement has been completed and signed by all parties.
- Obtain satisfactory credit references, including verification of employer's reference and previous landlord's reference, before granting the tenancy.
- Not enter into a tenancy agreement with a student, or a tenant who is in receipt of Housing benefit or another form of assistance from the DWP, unless a person who satisfies the point immediately above acts as a guarantor and is assigned to the tenancy agreement.
- Not allow any tenant into occupation unless the first month's rent and deposit have been paid.
- Prepare a detailed inventory of the contents and condition of the home.
Please note that where tenancy commenced before this insurance policy is taken out, we will not accept any claim where the insured event occurs within the first 90 days of the insurance starting.
Our Landlord Insurance is underwritten by Fairmead Insurance Limited, part of the Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group.