The information on this page and in the Policy Booklet and Policy Summary is for new customers. If you are an existing life cover customer, please refer to your original policy documents as they may differ from the following information depending on when you took your policy out.
Terminal Illness Cover is provided at no extra cost and could pay out the full amount of cover when life expectancy is less than 12 months. No terminal illness claim can be made after the death of the person insured.
Our current terminal illness cover at a glance
- A terminal illness is one that has no known cure or has progressed to a point where it cannot be cured, and in the opinion of your hospital consultant and our Medical Officer, it's expected to lead to death within 12 months.
- You'll need to be eligible to claim, so for example, if you've stopped paying your premiums, your policy may not pay out.
- No claim can be made after the death of the person insured.
- This cover is only available on plans with a term of at least two years.
- Once a terminal illness claim has been accepted, no further claims can be made. No premiums will be payable either and the policy will end.
- If, after a terminal illness claim has been accepted, you survive to the end of the term; you will not have to pay back the terminal illness payment received. However, once the payment has been received, the plan will end and no further claims can be made.
Call us on
0800 027 1976
Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday
We may record and monitor calls.